Monday, July 23, 2012

Finally, an announcement that didn't throw me for a loop!

I found out yesterday that an extended family member was having a c-section today. I didn't even know she was pregnant. Somehow people forgot to tell me. I think it was an honest mistake. It was the first pregnancy announcement in a while I didn't cry about. Anyhow, I am happy for her as these last few years have been extremely challenging for several reasons.
Today, I'm feeling pretty good. I started working out almost two weeks ago. I'm trying to make a real routine of it and it feels good. You have to know that this isn't me, so it's a pretty big step. Last week I went all 5 week days!
I am very eager to have a child placed with us. We painted the room for the baby (I hope!) last week. My Dad came and helped. He's wonderful! I also got some great baby garage sale finds. I want to enjoy the anticipation stage, which is hard because it depends on the day, but having a room and starting to get things makes it seem like the time is finally here and keeps me hopeful. Maybe this will come back to haunt me if we have to wait a really long time for a placement, but we'll see. Any advice from those who have walked the fostering/adoption route?
I went online and found a bunch of great "adoption" storybooks for children. I have ordered them and can't wait to get them. (I love children's books.)
I was even excited to use the crock-pot for supper tonight! Wow, I must be feeling well! :) Man, this post is really random.
I would love to connect with some more bloggers walking a similar path....infertility....fostering or adoption! Please leave me a message so I can check out your blog too. Thanks!     

3 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for a long time and often my heart echoes the thoughts and feelings you share here. I just want to encourage you to keep doing what you are doing, following your heart. I know it is cliche, but it will lead you in the right direction. And following our hearts isn't always without pain along the way... I too painted a nursery in anticipation despite little voices that it might make things harder if I had to walk by an empty nursery every day. But that didn't really happen, bc I was ready for that stage. Some days I kept the nursery door closed... But ultimately having that part "ready" gave me hope and served as a visual reminder that we were "expecting" even though there was no big baby bump and no due date... I, like you, also bought clothes here and there and developed my collection of baby things. It is all a legitimate part of your preparation. Even if sometimes you might feel a little weird doing it. Enjoy the preparation stage - it is part of becoming a mommy, and it will happen, all in God's perfect timing. For us... We moved out of our house and never got a chance to use that nursery, but... painted another one and finally after two years with our adoption agency, and several "almost"s, our baby came! Yours is coming too. Can't wait to hear the happy news when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response! Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my posts...so it's really nice to hear from you. Thank you for your encouraging words and sharing of your journey. It makes me feel less alone.

      Delete
    2. The journey may be long, but don't give up, keep hanging on!

      Delana
      http://nineyearpregnancy.wordpress.com/2012/08/25/heartsong-one-windows-to-the-soul/

      Delete