Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Questions Upon Questions

So much feels up in the air about our lives right now. I've been through so much this year already; I don't know if more change is good or bad, but it's overwhelming. At times it's exciting and other times sad and scarey.
Anyhow, we need to make a decision about next steps for IF treatments. IVF is the next step, but we're not sure. I am mostly concerned about the hormonal/emotional effects, since I didn't cope well on Puregon injectables for IUIs. Is IVF worse? I figure it has to be because you get pumped full of even more hormones. Anyone with experience out there to help me?
I'm also worried about the stress of it all. It feels so BIG!
Then there is the question of whether to freeze embryos or take the less successful rate of freezing eggs instead. Ahhh?
Also, when to do it? I'm just afraid to move on without trying everything we can, yet so afraid to do IVF too. It's not like a medical treatment that is critical to my survival, because in that case, it would just be decided by all involved that I should do it. It just seems so scarey to sign up for something like that willingly. You know what I mean?
And these are only my questions about IF and not everything else in my life right now.
It's so overwhelming!
God, we need direction, please!!! Some questions have to be answered. I can't handle questions on top of questions about EVERYTHING in my life!

2 comments:

  1. IVF isnt bad at all. If you have the funds I would jump straight to IVF...it has the best chances of success. I'm currently on the hormones, and I feel fine. In fact, I am happy that I am in the process of "doing something" to get pregnant.
    If you have done IUI's then the only difference is the egg retrieval and embryo transfer which is no big deal. I wouldn't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just finally catching up. The questions and what ifs are definitely overwhelming! It's helped me to just keep making small decisions one at a time & to continue to pray for guidance & peace. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete