Sunday, May 30, 2010

I feel lonely...

I feel lonely. We were outside watering our garden and our new neighbours have friends over and they're having a good time in their backyard. I can hear them conversing. It makes me sad that we rarely have company. That is partially to the fact that I'm so stressed out a lot (and have been down this year) and I'm the social coordinator in our family. Our friends have children so that changes the gatherings. It is easier for us to go to their houses than them to come here. If they do come here, the night is shortened to take the kids home to bed. Another reminder that we have no kids.
I wrote the above part of this post last night and didn't get a chance to finish it.
Today my husband said to me that we need to get to know more people and make more friends and really establish roots if we are going to stay here.
I got a job offer last week. It was going to be the job that allowed us to move closer to family; however, what they had told me I'd make in the interview was not at all what they were financially able to offer me when they called and offered me the job. Their hands were tied by the board. Anyhow, that made the decision easy...that job was not for me. They could only propose to pay me for 1/2 of the years experience I have. It just didn't make sense considering my husband doesn't have a job there yet either. We had asked God to make it clear, and he did indeed! The job interview experience is always good. I find it energizing for the most part. I was honoured to have been offered the job anyhow.
I should go for now...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are lonely. I understand, as I am lonely too. We don't have friends, as I was always too stressed to meet people, and the other 34 year-olds I know all have children. It is hard to be in such an awkward position, huh? I wish that I could offer you any sort of help, but I am right there with you. I felt your pain as I read your post. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you feel lonely where you're at. I do understand where you're coming from. I've noticed many people around us have different backgrounds or history which makes it harder for us to be social with each other - many of the people I've met are drinkers and I have nothing in common with that so socializing has died down.

    It's good you were showed where you need to be at this time. I hope you can find some people around you that you can be more social with as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I understand. It has changed things for us too with all our friends having children now. So much harder to get together. But we need that social time now more than ever!

    Glad the job offer made that decision clear.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete