Saturday, June 26, 2010

Feeling Hopeless and Pathetic

I met someone recently for whom it took 12 years to have her first child. I know another couple for whom it took 9 years. While stories like these give hope, it makes me terrified because I don't know how I could ever handle 9 or 12 years. I'm not sure how I'll make it through the next months or year without a child!!! Today, I'm feeling it. Tears come on too easily, not just tears but hopeless, pathetic cries with questions that can't be answered.
What are we going to do? How can we have a child? How will I make it through years of this? What if we don't ever become parents? What if our arms and home are empty forever? I can't take it! If I knew there was an end to it, it might feel bearable, but how can I cope?
Feeling helpless, lost, broken, empty, and alone...

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. Completely. I always hated to hear long-term "success" stories. Of course I was happy for them, but I thought I just couldn't do it that long!

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone! Please know that I have had those same kind of days where I'm tired of the trial of infertility! Just remember you aren't alone and that we are here for you! Praying for you always!
    Hope!

    ReplyDelete