Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Seeking the Natural Route...

I've made the decision. I'm going to an acupuncture and herbal clinic tomorrow. We'll see what she has to say. Any words of wisdom from those who have walked this path? (I'm really not sure about the acupuncture part!!! Eeekkk!!)
IVF seems to be the next step and we don't feel ready to do that now, if ever. We will see. I'm afraid to go for IVF and yet afraid to say no to the option forever; so, I'll just say no for now. I am ready to see the clinic again though just so they can check on me.
I've been on a break, but am ready to try something...ANYTHING really. Something is better than nothing.
This last while has been hard ---stressful ups and downs about the details of work for next year. It seems it is finally decided that I'm not moving grades after all. There have been too many balls up in the air these last months. I just want life to be normal (settled, predictable) yet at the same time I want an adventure (like a trip)...something to take my mind off of the fact that I don't have a child and may not for years, or maybe never. I'm always waiting for "tomorrow." What if that tomorrow never comes?

7 comments:

  1. I did acupuncture and thought it was great. I suggest you do some reading about acupuncture and TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) before you go, or while you are going. Understanding how and why it can help is really powerful. One book I recommend is The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. Also, her other book The Way of the Fertile Soul is really good. Don't worry about the needles, you hardly feel them, it's NOTHING like a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could help you, but I've never done acupuncture although I wish I could!! I hope you find some great information around the web and from people who've done it! If you do, please share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally know what you mean!!!!!!!! i'm feeling bit stuck at the moment too. what do we do now if tomorrow never comes? that's also my question. i feel your pain.

    just wanted to say also that i've tried acupuncture. it takes a bit of getting used to and then it is quite relaxing. i was bit nervous too but it was ok- the one i went to, they were really sweet and gentle. i only didn't like drinking the chinese medicine cos' it tasted yuck and made it more expensve, so next time i'll say no to that part haha. (and i'm from an asian background!)

    in terms of acupuncture and pregnancy, i don't know if it 'works' or not... i did it when i was not on a treatment cycle of any kind (and could only afford it for a few months). and they will say that acupunture is an ongoing, longterm kinda thing. and they say sometimes it just helps 'prepare' your body for treatment/ovulation... so... yeah... is hard to know. but was good to be doing something in my 'break' though. and made me feel like i was at least being pro-active about trying alternatives. at worst, it'd still help overall wellbeing. so i'd say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, gals for your fast reply. It's nice to know people read my ramblings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My RE recommends acupuncture, but not the herbs. I thought that was interesting. I haven't tried it though, yet anyway.

    A trip is a great idea! I'm leaving for one soon and am looking forward to the distraction - except that it's a family vacation and my adorable nieces and nephews will make me want a child even more.

    Hope you're able to get away and find some peace in the midst of this stressful journey. I know we'll all find resolution to this somehow. I'll be praying for us tonight!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right here with you...

    Sometimes I hate the idea of going out on a limb with the IVF since that is kind of the last resort...

    Sometimes I feel if we go to that step I worry more about it not working and the devastation that I'll feel if it is not successful...and it definitely means that we will not be having children...

    ReplyDelete