Thursday, March 11, 2010

Artsy Corner - Bright and Cheery Quilts

I'm feeling a little crafty today (and I'm procrastinating doing house cleaning), so I thought I'd post some quilts that I've made. The first in one (blue and yellow with animals) I made for my nephew when he was born. The second one (triangles of bright colours) I finished last year and the third one (blue, green, and yellow with the giraffe) I am still in the process of quilting. My mother-in-law taught me how to quilt. While I've been off work, I've been working on this third one. I figure I might as well make some quilts for the babies I hope to have one day. (That's hopeful thinking - right!?!) I figure when I actually do have children, I won't have extra time to be quilting. They are bright and cheery quilts - which is what I need on days like today.




~ Patiently Waiting

5 comments:

  1. Your quilts are beautiful. Thanks for sharing! My sister once made me a quilt out of my favorite tshirts and I LOVE it. I wish I could quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kait. I'm sure you could learn to quilt. I just stick to easy patterns and don't do large quilts becuase I'd never get them done and I might get bored. I've seen a t-shirt quilt before - they're a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilts! Quilting is one of the things on my list to learn. I started one years ago for my goddaughter, and I need to get it out and try and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are lovely! I need to get back to crafts again. I used to do some quilting, but am such a beginner. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete