Friday, March 5, 2010

Thinking Ahead...

Well, yesterday I went swimming for my workout then my friend and I decided to stay for auqua fit, which was funny and great! I feel proud of myself - just have to drag myself back to the gym this afternoon too.

We saw our doctor this week and decided to take one more try at an IUI before I go back to full-time work. Then I think we'll take a little break until the summer then either more IUIs or move onto IVF (possibly?). In the meantime, we're really going to try to eat healthier and exercise more. We've read protein is important for PCOS so I've been eating nuts regularly and having a boiled egg, yogurt with fruit, and veggies for lunches this week. Trying to start good habits. Trying to avoid: sugar, other white stuff, less carbs - like bread, and junk food.

I will start back to half-time work in later this month and full time next month. I'm nervous about going back because I don't know what to tell people when approached with questions about my time off or how I'm doing. I think I'll have to be proactive and make a good statement to the staff so I don't get asked lots of individual questions from people even though I know they'll be from concerned people. The staff knows that I'm dealing with infertility, but not the rest of the community. I also don't know what to tell my students. They are old enough you can't just slip stuff over their heads without questions be asked. Hmmm...I've got a little more time to be comfortable with that one. I feel a little more relieved to have a date I'm going back as I was dreading having those conversations with my boss.

Now, I just need to continue getting well....in so many ways!
I'm dying to get this IUI process started this month!

Has anyone heard of the magazine "Creating Families" (Canadian Magazine of Reproductive Health) through IAAC? I have been able to pick them up at our clinic and they have had encouraging and useful articles in there for people dealing with IF. Check out the resource online if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment